Entrevista | Jared leto na PaperMag


Jared Leto premiered Thirty Seconds to Mars' newish and controversial thirteen-minute-long video for "Hurricane" at the Montalban Theater in L.A. last night. After seeing it, we can confirm that, indeed, it's pretty weird and nipple-y. Of course, the video has a cameo by Terry Richardson and also features plenty of women who are dressed as leather-clad bunnies and holding chains, whips, knives -- some are also covered with some sort of undetermined viscous liquid -- plenty of nudity, motorcycles, etc. etc. You get the point. When we asked Leto why he wanted to show it at a huge venue he explained, "These days we experience content in such a small way, I thought it would be fun to watch it on a big screen." And what's funner than seeing a man in an S&M mask chasing Leto down a hallway with a sledgehammer blown up on the big screen? Here, Leto talks about the inspiration behind "Hurricane," his remedy for curing sore throats and his deeply boring Internet searches.
What's your favorite verse from your new release "Hurricane?"
"There's a fire inside, of this heart, a riot about to explode into flames."
What inspired that lyric?
My friend Erin Wasson has an amazing tattoo with a heart and flames. I'm very grateful to her.
What three people would you love to have over for dinner?
I'm not going to mention any married women. Jesus Christ, because I'm sure it would be a very loving meal. It would probably be like having dinner with my mom's hippie friends, I'm sure there'd be a very healthy odor. Steven Hawking --  I have a lot of questions for him -- and my mother.
What's the last thing you downloaded?
I just got my iPad, so I've been going crazy with downloads. I usually get documentaries and the last one I bought was called Blue Gold.  It's about the corporate control of our water supply.  Which is very scary. I also just bought Sigur Ros.
It doesn't seem like you've aged a day since My So-Called Life. What's your secret?
A lot of sleepless nights, tons of stress and eating like a fat pig. No, I actually eat really healthy. My mom taught me that. She raised me in a commune, so there were a lot of veggie-eaters. I remember being really little and going to local co-ops and picking out the freshest produce with her.
Do you have a favorite restaurant?
Whole Foods is my oasis. Since we are always on a tour bus,  I'm always cooking.
What's your specialty?
I make the best guacamole. Holy-fucking-guacamole!
Do you have a trick to keeping your voice in good shape?
I performed on Leno a couple of weeks ago, and I had a little bit of an itchy throat beforehand, so I chopped up a whole head of garlic and added lots of limes and honey.  It totally got me through the night and I don't even like garlic.
Who would you like to co-star with in a film?
Daniel Day Lewis -- I really respect him. I'd also love to work with Aronofsky again.
If you could do a duet with anyone who would it be?
I've actually talked to Robert Smith (lead singer the Cure) before about doing a project.  I'm a huge fan and I love his voice.
What's the last thing you Googled?
"Modular contrast electron microscopy." It's studying micros by high-resolution transmissions.  I'm doing a little research. I've been fascinated by it for quite sometime. Just think 3-D photos of insects and bacteria.
By J. Everette Perry
Photographs by J. Everette Perry
fonte.webteam30stm

Sem comentários: